top of page


The Spouse or Common-Law Partner Sponsorship Program which is the most common type of immigration among Canadian family sponsored immigrants. It allows you to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner for a permanent resident visa, and allows them to live, work, or study in Canada.  


A spouse: defined as a person that you are legally married with

Application Requirements

  • At least 18 years old

  • Proof the relationship with the sponsor

  • Proof of live in Canada and continue to live in Canada after the applicant gets permanent resident status

Spouse Requirements

  • The sponsor must be 18 years or older

  • The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen/Permanent resident

  • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents

  • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada

  • The Sponsor is not receiving social assistance 

  • The Sponsor must promise undertaking commits & sponsorship agreement

  • The Sponsor must not in 5-year Sponsorship Bar

List of Documents

  • A passport / Travel document

  • Proof of Canadian status (Citizenship/Permanent resident)

  • Meet income requirements

  • Proof of found

  • Written job offer 

  • Written employee letter

  • Notice of assessment 

  • Property Tax (If needed)

  • Marriage certificate

  • Proof of live in Canada and continue to live in Canada

  • Proof of undertaking commits & sponsorship agreement

  • Proof of babies’ birth certificate (If needed) 

  • Divorce certificate (If needed)

  • Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada (If needed)

  • Police certificates (In Canada/ Foreign Country)

  • Medical exams

  • Proof of funds

  • Birth certificate

  • Digital photos

Related Services

bottom of page