top of page

Conjugal Law

The Conjugal Law Sponsorship Program which is the most common type of immigration among Canadian family sponsored immigrants. It allows you to sponsor your conjugal partner for a permanent resident visa, and allows them to live, work, or study in Canada.



A conjugal partner:  A partner who can be either sex that is unable to legally married or in a common-law relationship with the sponsor and live together for circumstances that are beyond their control and prevent them from living together.


Application Requirements

  • At least 18 years old

  • Proof of your conjugal -law relationship.

  • Can be either sex

  • Proof of reasons why could not live together or get married

  • During the application processing, you cannot end the relationship

Sponsor Requirements

  • The sponsor must be 18 years or older

  • The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen/Permanent resident

  • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada

  • The Sponsor is not receiving social assistance 

  • The Sponsor must promise undertaking commits & sponsorship agreement

  • The Sponsor must not in 5-year Sponsorship Bar

List of Documents

  • A passport / Travel document

  • Proof of Canadian status (Citizenship/Permanent resident)

  • Meet income requirements

  • Proof of found

  • Written job offer 

  • Written employee letter

  • Notice of assessment 

  • Property Tax (If needed)

  • Proof of conjugal law 

  • Proof of reasons why could not live together or get married

  • Proof of undertaking commits & sponsorship agreement

  • Proof of babies’ birth certificate (If needed) 

  • Divorce certificate (If needed)

  • Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada (If needed)

  • Police certificates (In Canada/ Foreign Country)

  • Medical exams

  • Proof of funds

  • Birth certificate

  • Digital photos

Related Services

bottom of page