top of page

Employer - International Student

International Student stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). It gives international students (in and outside of Canada) with a job offer in a skilled occupation at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC), the opportunity to apply for a nomination from the OINP to permanently live and work in Ontario.


Application Requirements

  • You must have received an invitation to apply

  • Had the qualifications you claimed in the expression of interest that you   registered with the OINP 

  • Live outside Canada or in Canada with legal status

  • At least two years full-time study of degree/diploma program (Canadian institution)

  • Have an employer that is pre-screened and approved by Opportunities Ontario

  • Have a job offer in Ontario (Skill Type 0/A/B)

  • Intention to live in Ontario

​Employer Requirements

  • Active business for at least three years

  • Business premises in Ontario

  • No outstanding orders made against (Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000/ Occupational Health and Safety Act)

  • $1,000,000 in total gross annual revenue and at least five full-time Canadian employees (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions) or $500,000 in total gross annual revenue and at least three full-time Canadian employees (outside the GTA)

  • Employer must make an application for approval of an employment position

List of Documents

  • A passport / Travel document

  • Proof of Expression of interest and invitation

  • Legal status in Canada (Study Permit/Work Permit)

  • Written job offer in Ontario

  • Written employee letter

  • Valid licence or other authorization(If needed)

  • Notice of assessment 

  • Proof of degree/diploma 

  • Official transcripts

  • Official graduation Letter

  • Proof of settlement funds

  • Proof of intention to live in Ontario

  • Most current resume 

  • Police certificates (In Canada/ Foreign Country)

  • Medical exams

  • Proof of funds

  • Birth certificate

  • Digital photos

  • Property Tax (If needed)

  • Marriage certificate (If needed)

  • Divorce certificate (If needed)

  • Proof of common-law (If needed)

  • Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada (If needed)

Related Services

bottom of page